The scraps of life

me and my thoughts. lucky you.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Sure, I know exactly what you mean

Today was orientation. I was getting oriented to my new status as a student of graduate school. There was a semi-interesting Keynote Speaker. An alum of the college. And here is the one single item I jotted down during his whole presentation.

Net Present Value of Future Cash Flows at appropriate Risk Adjusted Discount Rate.

That is all I wrote. Or should I say, that is all she wrote. I am wondering if I knew what it meant when I wrote it. And I wonder if I really thought that several hours later I would STILL know what it means. How optimistic of me.

Maybe in two years, when the program ends, I will know exactly what this means. Maybe I will. Maybe I won't. But I know, either way, it will be worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home