The scraps of life

me and my thoughts. lucky you.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Ouch

So, I write that I don't like to shop and then what do I do on Monday?! Yer smart. I went shopping!

And I did some damage.
(in my book, over two items purchased = damage) Do you ever need more than two new possessions in one day?! (The answer here, folks, is NO!)
So it is damage if it is over two. Damage to your psyche (you start to believe "ooh things make me happy!") Damage to your cash flow or credit card or debt or piggy bank. (you get me?) and Damage to your living up to the ultimate statement, "I will only buy what I love and what I need."
Yeah.
I tried that. For like a day.

So, I bought
1-one pair of shoes (color not on site. Mine are bronze.)
2-two sweaters (both cashmere - yummy), and
3-a pair of earrings.
All pretty un-necessary.
Again, damage.

My "damage" definition excludes food products or let's say, home decorations - if you are moving into a new home then purchasing over two items is expected, I would think. (New sponges, new chairs, a new coffee table that fits the new living room, etc)

Anyway, reading the end of my blog entry from the other day, I am now officially a cliche of a cliche of a cliche. I am also
1-a masochist since I partake in activities I don't truly like and
2-a hypocrite since even though I didn't write it, I was judging all the people who shop shop and shop and
3-going to look so good all winter in my new sweaters!

This is me.
One day: Ew consumerism.
The next day: I want that and it will be mine!

So? What are you gonna do about it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home