The scraps of life

me and my thoughts. lucky you.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

X number of things about me: I




*A good friend of mine, Allyson, lives in Wilmington, North Carolina with her husband, Meade and two kids (two!) Campbell and Delia. Delia was just born on Monday! Here is her photo. I spoke to Allyson yesterday and man, do I miss seeing her. She and Meade lived in New York for four years (1999 - 2003) and I loved having them as neighbors. I am sending Delia a little onesie that says 'Someone in New York Love Me'
I am proud to say, I am that someone.

*While I love Broadway showtunes, I don't love them all.
Favorites, in no particular order, include: the entire soundtrack of Rent, For Now from Avenue Q, The Wizard and I & Defying Gravity from Wicked, Love-erly from My Fair Lady, Sound of Music, Chicago (the movie) and of course, Grease.
(Yesterday I caught Grease on TV and watched what I thought was my least favorite scene - Frankie Avalon and Beauty School Dropout but I don't know that I have ever closely listened to the words and now having watched the scene again and the great song - gotta be goin' to that malt shop. . in. . .the. . sky! My opinion has changed.)

*I have recently started to randomly bake things, about once a week. Odd and weird and well, ok - strange too. But I like my new hobby so don't judge. Today I am baking a pumpkin bread with white chocolate chips.

*I went to Jubilee (one of the markets in our area - Financial District) and bought a new kind of chip - Rice Chips, the Santa Fe Barbecue variety and they are very good!
New Chip of the Day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home