The scraps of life

me and my thoughts. lucky you.

Friday, December 09, 2005

The Emperor's New Clothes

Sinead concert at Webster Hall tonight. Pretty cool. We got there way early and ended up standing very close to the stage. Makes for a fun show when the guest of honor is less than 5 feet away. (not sure if we were THAT close but it felt like it)
I had never seen her in concert and honestly have not really listened to much of her music since like, 1991. One of my favorite all time songs is The Emperor's New Clothes. But I knew she wouldn't sing it. And she didn't. (I am not glad that I was right)

She sang all of her new songs which are all reggae style. And she basically rocked! She has a beautiful voice. I didn't realize her voice was as deep and as raspy as it was tonight. The raspiness could have totally been due to too much touring - or not. It could totally be her voice. I will be purchasing some of the tunes off of iTunes. I loved her first song. It was acapella(sp?) and about halfway through the song I knew it was going to be a great show.

When she comes back to NYC, I will definitely get tickets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home