The scraps of life

me and my thoughts. lucky you.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Zippidee-doo-dah

Lickety split and it is the end of 2005. Life sometimes seems to go by so fast, that I am not even bothered by the fact that it is the end of 2005. I used to get a little antsy at the end of the year and just be blah for about six weeks waiting to "start again" - a blank slate. My diet, my exercise routine, hair, wardrobe and so on. Now as I have aged, I am just over it. Not in the passive, depressed way. But I feel more mature about it. I approach it more with the attitude of "Yes, everyone. We age! Months go by fast. It is crazy. Now get over it!"
Whereas I used to be more analytical about it. I am sick of being analytical.

As one of my favorite people on the planet said on her 60th birthday, Gee it went really fast, I must have been having fun!
Sure it is just a readjustment of words taken from "Time flies when you are having fun" but gosh darn it - it's true. And I love that she said and so genuinely meant it. My life is like that too.

So, analytics of life, time and its swiftness - Out.
Having fun and therefore making time go by quickly - In.

Ok, so glad that is settled. Now we can analyze the definition of having fun. This is not the exhaustive list of fun. Just for today.

Fun is realizing that you don't have to analyze every little thing.

Fun is going to a work reunion, downing a margarita a bit too quickly, and not sticking to your rules of politeness.

Fun is singing (or saying)this song out loud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home