The scraps of life

me and my thoughts. lucky you.

Friday, December 02, 2005

What we had was beautiful.




Geez - what a downer that last post was.

Did I mention I have a great life?! A great husband. A great family, including a great sister, brother-in-law, and a great mom and a great dad.

I am currently a bored housewife who - as mentioned in the last post - wants to speak out about those of us who are feeling mid-life-ish but we are not mid-life-ish at all. Basically, I am the complainer who can't complain. Don't you usually hate that person?! I will try to turn that attitude around. And make THAT person (aka me) more likeable.

I resigned from my job five months ago and am waiting to hear from business schools. I applied to two in New York City and I hope to get into at least one and start in a month. I am trying to live a life right now as a lady of leisure but the lack of goals right now are bringin' me down! My husband (the great one, listed above) works from home so my motivation to leave aforementioned home is difficult in the morning - unless I have a place to go, a place to be, a friend to meet, etc. Friday was a great example of the life of a lady of leisure. I met my friend Lori at the MoMA and cruised around the sixth floor (special exhibition - Elizabeth Murray), fifth (paintings), fourth (paintings), and third (photography). I hadn't been to the new MoMA (for shame!). It is incredible. A great museum. I venture to say my favorite one in the city. Overtaking former first place museum, the Whitney.

So, a huge, huge factor I am leaving out in my not lovin' life as a lady of leisure musing is that while I live in New York City, the shopping capital of the world, I am not a huge fan of shopping. The consume, consume, consume of attitude of this city (ok and our American culture) drives me a little batty. I think ideally I would like to live in more of a country setting, slower pace etc. I say this after over ten years of living here. I love Manhattan. I just am not IN love with it anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home