The scraps of life

me and my thoughts. lucky you.

Monday, January 02, 2006

X Number of Things About Me: II

I am not too good with keeping up with my blog.

It's 2006 and there are two exciting things on the horizon (ok, three but the third one is pretty personal so I can't mention it as a definite)

1 - I am starting business school! Yeah! So great that I will be back in school and will be going towards my goal of having letters after my name. Letters. Sweet.

2 - My sister is moving to London with her new husband and what does that mean? (aside from the fact that I will miss her beyond what words can describe) It also means that a trip to Europe is in my future!!

3 - This is the personal one - but my husband and I will probably (no promises for anyone out there) try to use our reproductive organs for some reproducing!


The last few weeks of the year were fun - went by quickly and in general while most people might say they were nothing to write home about, I definitely feel they deserve some details and some sort of summary.

Dec 23-Dec 26 was the annual Christmas time in Vermont trip. This year it was my parents, Liza and Glen, me and Jeremy and Duncan (the cat). We skied on Saturday and tubed (yes, we went tubing) on Sunday. The tubers (tubists?) were myself, Jeremy, Liza and Glen. It was an auspicious start as we went back and forth and forth and back telling each other - oh this is just for kids! oh what will it be like - oh should we even go. We went. For several reasons. The most important one being we had free passes. Were this s $20 for two hours ticket, well, we would have surely stayed back at the condo and watched bad movies or Christmas movies (not necessarily interchangeable for those watching for any post 2005 wrongful statements on Christmas. No matter how hard you try you won't find any of those statements here!)
So, we tubed. This consists of sliding down a small slope (think bunny slope) while your butt is in a tube. The tube is not your run of the mill flotation device. The top looks like your regular tube but there is no hole through. So, you see. And I do wish I had remembered to take photos.
The best part was probably the 4 year old who was with his parents and really did not want to go down the slope alone in his tube. And those were the rules. We went down and then back up a few times only to find his parents negotiating with him and telling him how much fun it would be sans mom or dad in the tube with him. Finally as I was making my final way to the Magic Carpet (the moving sidewalk that takes tubists and their tubes up the slope avoiding the need for a very unpleasant vertical walk) I saw he made his way down. Joy!

December also included a watch for our Cash Cab episode to come on the teevee and it never came. We started on Dec 12. 7 people in the living room. Almost about 20 people nationwide tuning in at 6 only to see us! And then, at 7 pm, no airtime was had! What a disappointment! But funny just the same. My parents ended up fielding most of the phone calls and even better, my mother was told the next morning, how much her co-worker enjoyed seeing me on TV. Silly. I wasn't on the tv! Since she had never met me, I guess she just wanted to believe a contestant was me. Lo and behold, it wasn't. Florida ratings of the show have definitely spiked throughout the month since my two aunts in Delray and my uncle in St. Petersburg have become regular watchers (dare I say, fans?!) of the show.
Dec 22 came and at 3 we were told - you will be on. Emails were sent, phone messages left and yet, not a Jess or a Jeremy to be found on Discovery Channel. The next date has been set for this Thursday but let's just say I am not holding my breath. (and I hope no one I know will be either)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home