The scraps of life

me and my thoughts. lucky you.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Subway Celebrity Site-ing (the best kind in NYC)

I saw Arvind Sloane (aka Ron Rifkin) last night on the 2/3 heading north from Wall Street. He looked like himself - there was no wondering ("wow he looks an awful like Ron Rifkin") - by golly it was him. Of course, I was questioning why he would be on the subway and only until I left and went back to the world above did I realize. It was sweltering out as in - it was the humidity! - humidity so present, you could cut it with a knife. A downpour was ominous. The city had that electricity that as a ten plus year resident you usually yawn about when people mention it - but this was real. I didn't quite get it until I got into a cab (the place to which I was traveling to - Chelsea Piers was too far from the subway to warrant me going on the local to 23rd Street and then getting on the bus or [gasp!] walking). We went one block and then we stopped. And we continued to stop. Traffic my friend. Traffic so thick you could cut it with a knife! And then as we were moving ever so slowly the entire 9 blocks and two avenues - those clouds continue to threaten and they threatened so much that the cats and dogs began coming down. It was one of those scenes where even if you have an umbrella you are still soaked. Oh did I tell you I didn't have an umbrella? Anyway, the traffic, the clouds and the eventual rain means the Hollywood man I saw on the subway knew exactly what he was doing.

And that, dear reader, is why your friend and Sydney Bristow's enemy, Ron Rifkin was on the subway last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home