The scraps of life

me and my thoughts. lucky you.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I am sensing a pattern here

Too bad the cool kids aren't updating blogs once a month - because well, then, I surely wouldn't be talking to you!
So, a month later and certainly a month wiser. (see post 3/26).
What if someone wrote a blog and nobody came to read it? I think that is the experiment we (as in me and you) have going on here. But what if someone wrote a blog about everything that happened to them in a single day - every thought, every move, every movement. Well, I am sure there are blogs out there like this. I can barely tell you what happened in the past month without leaving some huge thing out.
For starters, I had a job interview and that is still in process, I took three midterms, completed one paper, and started on three more. I also had Spring Break and break I did. I totally broke down the days after my sister left for London. To live there! The exclamation point is two-fold. How awesome for my sister and for me that she lives there and how much does it suck at the same time?! Ah, the dichotomy that we call life. We, as in the philosophers of the world.
Last night's marketing class was one of the best all semester. A blogger - in some circles the world-renowned blogger - Steve Rubel - was the guest lecturer and I learned some things I needed to clarify. I won't mention them here simply because they are so basic in the blogosphere and it would show too much of my green-ness. As if the once per month post doesn't do enough of that already!
But this morning it made me think of perhaps the obsolescence of many things - primarily a masters degree in business. Maybe instead of school I should spend my time updating my blog and figuring out who I want to reach (aside from you dear reader) (hello? hello? anyone out there) and why. But really there is no "instead of school", I am in school (school is in me?) and when I am out of school I can spend all the time I want thinking about blogs. For now, it has to be limited to this - the scraps defined as whatever I am thinking at the moment though there is so much more than the moment sometimes. Ah - but is there?
And also limited to this.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:27 AM, Blogger Liza said…

    Happy to see the love/promotion given to last night's jeopardy...too bad I'm the one who is sent there! I know all about it already...
    Also, I hope you are better about me living here...ahh, life.
    Lastly, are you high?
    xoxo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home